kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Shōtai (昌泰) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Kanpyō and before Engi. This period started in April 898 and ended in July 901. During this time, the reigning emperor was Daigo-tennō (醍醐天皇).
Events of the Shōtai era
- 7 December, 899 (Shōtai 2, 1st day of the 11th month): At winter solstice, all the great officials of the empire presented themselves in the Imperial court.
- 6 February 900 (Shōtai 3, 3rd day of the 1st month): The emperor went to visit his father in the place former-Emperor Uda had chosen to live after abdication.
- 900 (Shōtai 3, 10th month): The former-Emperor Uda traveled to Mount Kōya (高野山 , Kōya-san ) in what is now Wakayama Prefecture. He visited the temples on the slopes of the mountain.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Shōtai" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 887.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 129-134; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gokanshō, pp. 291-293; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki, pp. 179-181.
- Titsingh, p. 130.
- Titsingh, pp. 130-131.
- Titsingh, p. 131.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: