kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
A simile is a figure of speech that compares two different things, usually by using the words 'like' or 'as'. It is used to make a direct and clear comparison between two things .Similes may be confused with metaphors, which do the same kind of thing. Similes use comparisons, with the words 'like' or 'as'. Metaphors use indirect comparisons, without the words 'like' or 'as'.
- Like a hungry wolf, he ate the food.
- A dragonfly is like a plane: they both fly and cannot close their wings.
- He fought like a lion.
- The color yellow is like walking into a surprise birthday party.
- The other team's quarterback is as big as a redwood tree
- Kingda Ka is as green as a pine tree