kidzsearch.com > wiki
Strategy is a word which was first used by the military. It comes from an ancient Greek word for the general officer commanding all the armed forces of a state. A strategy is a long term plan on what to do to achieve a certain goal. When talking about the near future, people often use the word tactics.
Today, the word "strategy" is in common use; people might talk about "business strategy", for example.
- Clausewitz, Carl von. 1989. On War, trans. Michael Howard and Peter Paret. Princeton, NJ: Princeton Univ. Press.
- Gray, Colin S. 1999. Modern Strategy. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press.
- Liddell Hart, Basil. H. 1967. Strategy. New York: Praeger.
- Luttwak, Edward. 2001. Strategy: the logic of war and peace. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press.
- Sun Tzu. 1963. The Art of War. trans. Samuel B. Griffith. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press.
- Watson, John 1998. Secrets of modern chess strategy: advances since Nimzowitsch. Gambit, London.