kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Subject (Latin: subiectus "lying beneath") may refer to:
- Subject (school), a course of academic instruction
Library and information science
- Subject (documents) (subject classification; subject indexing; subject searching)
- Subject term or index term, descriptor of a document used in bibliographic records
- Subject (philosophy), a being that has subjective experiences, subjective consciousness, or a relationship with another entity
- Subject–object problem, the issue of how actors or observers relate to things that are observed or acted upon
- In general, any topic currently under consideration; see subject (school)
- Subject (grammar), who or what a sentence or a clause is about
- Subject case or nominative case, one of the grammatical cases for a noun
- Subjects (programming), core elements in the subject-oriented programming paradigm
- The melodic material presented first in a fugue
- Either of the two main groups of themes (first subject, second subject) in sonata form
A subject is an individual subjected to the rule by an elite, see feudalism
- subjects in medieval feudalism, see commoners
- subjects in modern constitutional monarchies, such as the United Kingdom, see British subject
Statistics and psychology
- A subject is someone or something that undergoes testing in a scientific experiment.
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.