kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
A superstition is a belief in something that is irrational, non-physical and does not follow the rules of science. It is often one action that leads to another without something directly linking the two. Superstition is often associated with luck. Different superstitions often came from beliefs, religions and cultures had in the past and long have been proven wrong. It is a mystery why people don't pay attention to facts and still believe in superstitions.
Examples of superstitions
- Crossing fingers for good luck
- Knocking three times on wood after mentioning good fortune
- Throwing a pinch of salt over the left shoulder after spilling salt
- A horseshoe hung above the doorway
- A four leaf clover
- To break a mirror means 7 years bad luck
- Opening an umbrella inside the house
- Walking under a ladder
- Friday the 13th, the unluckiest day
- A bird in the house is a sign of a death
- To put new shoes on the table
There are many superstitions believed in around the world. Most people believe superstitions to be complete nonsense while others live their lives avoiding black cats, looking for four leaf clovers and avoiding mirrors.