kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
In physics, a surface wave can refer to a mechanical wave that propagates along the interface between differing media, usually two fluids with different densities. A surface wave can also be an electromagnetic wave guided by a refractive index gradient. For radio waves, a ground wave is a surface wave that propagates close to the surface of the Earth.
- Arnold Sommerfeld – published the mathematical treatise on the zenneck wave
Other articles, further reading, and references
- Eric W. Weisstein, et al., "Surface Wave", Eric Weisstein's World of Physics, 2006.
- "Surface waves". Integrated Publishing (tpub.com).
- Brett Ketter, "Surface Wave Theory". University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
- David Reiss, "Electromagnetic surface waves". The Net Advance of Physics: Special Reports, No. 1
- Gary L. Peterson, "Rediscovering the Zenneck wave". Feed Line No. 4. (ed. reproduction available online at Twenty First Century Books)
Standards and doctrines
- "Surface wave". Telecom Glossary 2000, ATIS Committee T1A1, Performance and Signal Processing, T1.523-2001.
- "Surface wave", Federal Standard 1037C.
- "Surface wave", MIL-STD-188
- "Multi-service tactics, techniques, and procedures for the High-Frequency Automatic Link Establishment (HF-ALE): FM 6-02.74; MCRP 3-40.3E; NTTP 6-02.6; AFTTP(I) 3-2.48; COMDTINST M2000.7" Sept., 2003.
- Waldron, Richard Arthur, "Theory of guided electromagnetic waves". London, New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1970. ISBN 0-442-09167-2 LCCN 69019848 //r86
- Weiner, Melvin M., "Monopole antennas" New York, Marcel Dekker, 2003. ISBN 0-8247-0496-7
- Budden, K. G., "The wave-guide mode theory of wave propagation". London, Logos Press; Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall, c1961. LCCN 62002870 /L
Journals and papers
- Wait, J. R., "Lateral Waves and the Pioneering Research of the Late Kenneth A Norton".
- Wait, J. R., and D. A. Hill, "Excitation of the HF surface wave by vertical and horizontal apertures". Radio Science, 14, 1979, pp 767–780.
- Wait, J. R., and D. A. Hill, "Excitation of the Zenneck surface by a vertical aperture", Radio Science, 13, 1978, pp. 967–977.
- Wait, J. R., "A note on surface waves and ground waves", IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Nov 1965. Vol. 13, Issue 6, pg 996- 997 ISSN 0096-1973
- Wait, J. R., "The ancient and modern history of EM ground-wave propagation". IEEE Antennas Propagat. Mag., vol. 40, pp. 7–24, Oct. 1998.
- Wait, J. R., "Appendix C: On the theory of ground wave propagation over a slightly roughned curved earth", Electromagnetic Probing in Geophysics. Boulder, CO., Golem, 1971, pp. 37–381.
- Wait, J. R., "Electromagnetic surface waves", Advances in Radio Research, 1, New York, Academic Press, 1964, pp. 157–219.
- L.A. Ostrovsky (ed.), "Laboratory modeling and theoretical studies of surface wave modulation by a moving sphere", Environmental Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Oceanic and Atmospheric Research Laboratories, 2002. OCLC 50325097