kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
It plays an important role in the immune system by attacking virus-infected cells, foreign cells, and cancer cells. The "T" in T cell stands for thymus. The thymus is where T cells are developed.
- Cytotoxic T cells (Tc cells)
- Helper T cells, (Th cells)
- Regulatory T cells (Treg cells), used to be called suppressor T cells
- Natural Killer T cells (NKT cells)
- Janeway, Charles A. et al. 2001. Immunobiology. 5th ed, New York and London: Garland. 
- The Immune System (PDF)
- (Successful!) Treatment of metastatic melanoma with autologous CD4+ T cells against NY-ESO-1