kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series)
Comedy (seasons 1–7)
Drama (seasons 8–10)
|Developed by||David Wise|
|Directed by||Yoshikatsu Kasai (season 1)|
Fred Wolf (seasons 2–7)
Tony Love (seasons 8–10)
|Voices of||Cam Clarke|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||193 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Mark Freedman|
|Producer(s)||Rudy Zamora (season 1)|
Andy Luckey (seasons 2–7)
Kara Vallow (seasons 8–10)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Distributor||Group W Productions|
|Audio format||Stereo (1987-1990)|
CBS StereoSound (1990-1995)
Dolby Surround (1995-1996)
|Original release||December 28, 1987 –|
November 2, 1996
|Followed by||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 TV series)|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (earlier known as Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in some European countries because of controversy at the time) is an American animated television series that was made by Murakami-Wolf-Swenson and French company IDDH. The show ran from December 14, 1987 until November 2, 1996 when it aired its final episode. The pilot for the show was shown during the week of December 14, 1987 and was in syndication as a five-part miniseries. The show featured the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they were created in the comic book form by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.
The show was able to help launch the characters into more mainstream popularity and it became one of the most popular animated series in television history. Due to its popularity, there were breakfast cereal, plush toys, and all kinds of different products that featured the characters appeared on the market during the late 1980s and early 1990s. The show was named as the 55th best show in the Top 100 Best Animated TV Shows by IGN. At the time, the show was criticized for its violent content and commercialism.
- Carter, Bill (November 26, 1990). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS; Ninja Turtles Save the Day For CBS Children's Lineup". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/26/business/the-media-business-ninja-turtles-save-the-day-for-cbs-children-s-lineup.html. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Solomon, Charles (December 28, 1987). "'Ninja Turtles' Crawls Out, Lands on Back". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-28/entertainment/ca-21302_1_mutant-ninja-turtles. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Beat Down Guardians of the Galaxy to Top Cinema Charts". International Business Times. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-beat-down-guardians-galaxy-top-cinema-charts-1460573. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Shell Schlocked". Entertainment Weekly. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,318331,00.html. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "55. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)". IGN. http://ca.ign.com/top/animated-tv-series/55.html. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Turtle Trouble : Children: Some parents believe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles encourage aggression. Others say the Turtles are just harmless fun.". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1990-08-27/news/vw-116_1_teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/2. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Ninja Influence on Australian Youth". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/16/movies/ninja-influence-on-australian-youth.html?src=pm. Retrieved September 6, 2014.