kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The newspaper was first made by John and Henry Cooke. They also had a merchant business called Francis Cooke and Co.. They said they would use the newspaper to help miners in the Australian Gold Rush. The newspaper has become very popular since then. According to its website, it gets up to 957,000 on Saturdays. The editor is Andrew Jaspan, who got the job in 2004. He got in trouble in 2008 when The Age journalists agreed that he had been making it hard for them to make news reports independently.
- Paddy Manning (27 January 2007). "Fairfax CEO considered selling The Age, SMH". The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21123919-421,00.html. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "About The Age". The Age. http://about.theage.com.au/about.asp. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "The Story of The Age". The Age. http://150.theage.com.au/story.asp. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "Andrew Jaspan appointed editor in chief of The Age" (PDF). Fairfax. 22 July 2004. http://www.fxj.com.au/announcements/jul04/Age-JaspanApptmt-JUL04.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- Margaret Simons (11 April 2008). "Andrew Jaspan? 235 Age journalists can't be wrong". Crikey. http://www.crikey.com.au/Media-Arts-and-Sports/20080411-Age-meeting.html. Retrieved 2008-07-07.