kidzsearch.com > wiki
The story starts on an enchanted island where a magician called Prospero and his daughter live. They are on this deserted island because of his brother Antonio and The King of Naples Alonso. Prospero takes revenge and with all his magic he makes The King and his brother with other additional characters come to the island also. Many events take place on the island but everyone feels guilty and sorry for their actions in the end and they head back to Italy, Milan safely all thanks to Prospero's spirit, Ariel. Ariel is a spirit who used to be a slave of Sycorax, an evil witch.
- Alonso, King of Naples
- Sebastian, his brother
- Prospero, the rightful Duke of Milan, who was a magician
- Antonio, Prosperos brother, the usurping Duke of Milan
- Ferdinand, son to the King of Naples
- Gonzalo, an honest old councillor
- Adrian and Francisco, lords
- Caliban, a savage and deformed slave and the rightful owner of the island
- Trinculo, a jester
- Stephano, a drunken butler
- Master of a ship
- Miranda, daughter to Prospero
- Ariel, an airy spirit
- Juno, All goddesses
Prospero sets up Ferdinand and Miranda and they fall in love
- Shakespeare's The Tempest: The Wise Man as Hero
- The Theme of Natural Order in "The Tempest"
- Form and Disorder in The Tempest
- The Magic of Charity: A Background to Prospero
- The Tempest - plain vanilla text from Project Gutenberg
- The Tempest - scene indexed, online version of the play.
- The Tempest - HTML version of this title.
- Bermoothes in E. Cobham Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898).
- Lesson plans for The Tempest at Web English Teacher
- William Strachey's "True Reportory" original-spelling version at Virtual Jamestown.