kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Tokyo Imperial Palace
Traditionally, the home of the emperor is called a palace. The location of the palace has been considered the capital city of Japan. Since 1868, the center of the government of Japan and the location of the Emperor's home has been Tokyo. From 794 through 1868, the emperor lived in Kyoto.
- Japan National Tourist Office (JNTO), "The Imperial Palace Area"; retrieved 2012-10-18.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Edo-jō" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 167-168.
- JNTO, "Kokyo Higashi Gyoen Garden (Imperial Palace East Garden)"; retrieved 2012-10-18.
- Nussbaum, "Tokyo"at pp. 981-982.
- Nussbaum, "Kyōto" at pp. 585-587.