kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
A tumour (or tumor) is tissue that is growing where it should not be. Another name for a tumor is neoplasm. Tumours are either malignant (harmful) or benign (safe). Cancer, for example is malignant and sometimes spreads to other places on the body. Some tumours have a cause that makes them grow. For some tumours no cause is known. A tumour usually forms as a lump or mass.
- Birbrair A, Zhang T, Wang ZM, Messi ML, Olson JD, Mintz A, Delbono O (Jul 2014). "Type-2 pericytes participate in normal and tumoral angiogenesis". American Journal of Physiology. Cell Physiology 307 (1): C25-38. . . .
- Cooper GM (1992). Elements of human cancer. Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. pp. 16. . https://books.google.com/books?id=M_k-NbntrEgC&pg=PA16.
- Taylor, Elizabeth J. (2000). Dorland's Illustrated medical dictionary. (29th ed.). Philadelphia: Saunders. p. 1184. .
- Stedman's medical dictionary (28th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2006. p. Neoplasm. .
- Department of Primary Industry and Water. Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumour Disease
|Pathology: tumors (and related structures), cancer, and oncology (C00-D48)|
|Benign - Premalignant - Carcinoma in situ - Malignant|
|Papilloma/carcinoma - Cholangiocarcinoma - Choriocarcinoma - Adenoma/adenocarcinoma - Soft tissue sarcoma - Melanoma - Fibroma/fibrosarcoma - Metastasis - Lipoma/liposarcoma - Leiomyoma/leiomyosarcoma - Rhabdomyoma/rhabdomyosarcoma - Mesothelioma - Angioma/angiosarcoma - Osteoma/osteosarcoma - Chondroma/chondrosarcoma - Glioma - Lymphoma/leukemia|
|Surgery - Chemotherapy - Radiation therapy - Immunotherapy - Experimental cancer treatment|
|Cyst - Dysplasia - Hamartoma - Neoplasia - Nodule - Polyp - Pseudocyst|
|Tumor suppressor genes/oncogenes - Staging/grading - Carcinogenesis/metastasis - Carcinogen - Research - Paraneoplastic phenomenon - ICD-O - List of oncology-related terms|