kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Unitarian Universalism is a religion which encourages liberalism and an individual search for truth. It includes many spiritual paths. Its adherents have a pluralistic approach to faith hence may be atheists, agnostics, ignostics, deists, pagans, humanists, polytheists, or monotheists. A common tenet or doctrine within this religion is bodily integrity, self-ownership and individual autonomy. Unitarian Universalist places of worship are called congregations. The religion accepts differences and there is no holy book, dogma, or doctrine. Instead, the adherents are guided by seven principles:
- 1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- 2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- 3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- 4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- 5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- 6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- 7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The seat of Unitarian Universalism in the United States is in Boston, MA.