kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Universal history, world history or global history examines history from a global perspective.
It looks for common patterns that one can find across all cultures. Universal historians use a thematic approach. That means they look at history from two viewpoints: On the one hand they look at processes of world history that have drawn people of the world together, on the other hand they want to find out how patterns of world history reveal the diversity of the human experience).
The study of universal or global history is in some ways a product of the current period of accelerated globalization. This period has two tendencies: it integrates various cultures and it shows their differences when people of different cultures and civilizations have to live with each other.
To discuss "the history of the world" in a unified framework is not that new. For example, it was a genre popular in the 19th century, and with Christian historians going back to at least the 4th century.
- See Samuel Huntington: Clash of Civilizations, 1993
- World History Network
- Bridging World History
- China and Europe
- Journal of World History
- The Changing Shape of World History, William H. McNeill, Paper originally presented at the History and Theory World History Conference, March 25-26, 1994
- World History Connected
- World History For Us All - World History Model Curriculum
- World History Matters
- WWW-VL World History Index
- World History Blog - World History blog.
- World History Today - World History blog.
- Five Epochs of Civilization Ends regional bias by focusing on communication technologies shared throughout the earth