kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Urban history is the study of the history of urbanism. It looks into why and how cities developed. Urban history also studies the social, political, cultural and economic aspects of cities. Most urban historians focus on the larger or more important cities. There is much less attention to small cities, towns and suburbs. Urban history involves several other fields of study as they affect cities. These include archaeology, architecture, sociology, and the political and economic aspects of cities over time.
- Journal of Planning History
- Danish Centre of Urban History
- International Planning History Society
- Society for American City and Regional Planning History
- Gilbert A. Stelter, "Introduction to the Study of Urban History" (1996)
- The Urban History Association
- Centre for Urban History, University of Leicester, U.K.
- Centre for Urban History, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Center for Urban History of East Central Europe, Lviv, Ukraine
- Derek Keene, "Ideas of the metropolis," Historical Research (2011) 84#225 pp 379-398.
- Zeynep Celik and Diane Favro, 'Methods of Urban History', Journal of Architectural Education (1984–), Vol. 41, No. 3 (Spring, 1988), p. 4