kidzsearch.com > wiki
A vortex (pl. vortices) is a spinning, often turbulent, flow of fluid. The motion of the fluid swirling rapidly around a center is called a vortex. The speed and rate of rotation of the fluid are greatest at the center and become smaller with distance from the center.
- Dust Devil Movie A short movie showing many spinning vortices of varying sizes
- Video of two water vortex rings colliding (MPEG)
- BubbleRings.com Web site on "bubble rings", which are underwater rings made of air formed from vortices. The site has some information on how these rings work.
- Chapter 3 Rotational Flows: Circulation and Turbulence
- Video of Vortex Formation and Annihilation in a Superconductor (By Joel Thorarinson)