kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Wendell Bell (September 27, 1924 – November 8, 2019) was a futurist and sociologist. He was the Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Yale University. His work area were sociology, social class, race, family life and future studies. He founded the Yale Program of African American Studies. He retired in 1995.
Bell died on November 8, 2019 at the age of 95.
- Caves, Roger W. (2005). Encyclopedia of the City. Routledge. p. 24. .
- Bell, Wendell (2011). Memories of the Future. Transaction Publishers. p. 1. . https://books.google.com/books?id=e-fxIJEuhkkC&pg=PA1&lpg=PA1&dq=%22Wendell+Bell%22+Chicago+OR+Fresno+OR+1924&source=bl&ots=E6Biaz6E38&sig=9OnyhOrLHIFk5u6AiNYa18-X6O8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=LYkyT7GPMo6btwfq7uWVBw&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=%22Wendell%20Bell%22%20Chicago%20OR%20Fresno%20OR%201924&f=false.
- "Wendell Bell On The Future". Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/2007/10/13/wendell-bell-prediction-tech-future07-cx_1015bell.html. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Futurist, Ex-Fresnan Wendell Bell on CNN. August 9, 1997. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=FB&p_theme=fb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EAE8A089019FE78&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Kicker, Darrell (February 2009). "Wendell Bell and Oliver W. Markley: Two Futurists' Views of the Preferable, the Possible and the Probable". Journal of Futures Studies 13 (3): 161–178. http://www.jfs.tku.edu.tw/13-3/E02.pdf. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Caves, R. W. (2004). Encyclopedia of the City. Routledge. pp. 37.
- The Sociology Department was Saddened to Learn of the death of Wendell Bell