kidzsearch.com > wiki1185 Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1150s 1160s 1170s – 1180s – 1190s 1200s 1210s|
|Years:||1182 1183 1184 – 1185 – 1186 1187 1188|
- April 25 – Genpei War – Naval battle of Dan-no-ura leads to Minamoto victory in Japan
- Templars settle in London and begin the building of New Temple Church
- End of the Heian Period and beginning of the Kamakura period in Japan.
- Founding of Katedralskolan in Lund, Sweden. The school is the oldest in northern Europe, and one of the oldest in Europe.
- Peter and Asen led a revolt of the Vlachs and Bulgars against the Byzantine Empire, eventually establishing the Second Bulgarian Kingdom.
- August 15 – The cave city of Vardzia was consecrated by Queen Tamar of Georgia
- April 23 – King Afonso II of Portugal (died 1223)
- Inge II of Norway (died 1217)
- Gertrude of Merania, queen of Andrew II of Hungary (died 1213)
- April 25 – Emperor Antoku, 81st emperor of Japan (b. 1178)
- June 16 – Richeza of Poland, daughter of Wladislaus II the Exile of Poland
- July 18 – Stefan, first Archbishop of Uppsala
- July 25 – King Afonso I of Portugal (born 1109)
- September 12 – Andronicus I Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor
- November 25 – Pope Lucius III
- December 6 – King Afonso I of Portugal (born 1109)
- Baldwin IV of Jerusalem (born 1161)
- Taira no Munemori, Japanese soldier (born 1147)
- Taira no Noritsune, Japanese soldier (born 1160)
- Taira no Shigehira, Japanese soldier (born 1158)
- Taira no Tomomori, Japanese soldier (born 1152)
- Ibn Tufail, Arab philosopher, physician, and courtier
- Kitagawa, Hiroshi et al. (1975). The Tale of the Heike, p. 787; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 211–212.