kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1430s 1440s 1450s – 1460s – 1470s 1480s 1490s|
|Years:||1458 1459 1460 – 1461 – 1462 1463 1464|
- February 2 – Battle of Mortimer's Cross – Yorkist troops led by Edward, Duke of York defeat Lancastrians under Owen Tudor and his son Jasper Tudor, Earl of Pembroke in Wales.
- February 17 – Second Battle of St Albans – The Earl of Warwick's army is defeated by a Lancastrian force under Queen Margaret, who recovers control of her husband.
- March 4 – The Duke of York seizes London and proclaims himself King Edward IV of England
- March 29 – Battle of Towton – Edward IV defeats Queen Margaret to make good his claim to the English throne. Thought to be the bloodiest battle ever fought in England.
- Edward, Richard of York's son, crowned as Edward IV, King of England (reigns until 1483)
- August 15 – The Empire of Trebizond, the last major Romano-Greek outpost falls to the Ottoman Empire under Mehmed II after a siege of 21 days.
- Louis XI of France succeeds Charles VII of France as king (reigns until 1483)
- Leonardo da Vinci and Sandro Botticelli become students of Verrocchio
- Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, is founded by the Ottomans
- François Villon: Le Grand Testament
- Donatello: Judith and Holofernes