kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||2 BC 1 BC 1 AD – 2 AD – 3 AD 4 AD 5 AD|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found. The year 2 (II) was a common year that started on Sunday, according to the Julian calendar. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Tuesday.
- Following the death of Lucius Caesar, Livia Drusilla convinced Augustus to allow her son Tiberius back into Rome as a private citizen. This was after six years in enforced retirement on Rhodes.
- Gaius Caesar meets with Phraates V, the king of Parthia on the Euphrates.
- Publius Alfenus Varus and Publius Vinicius become Roman Consuls.
- Cedeides becomes Archon of Athens.
- Using Roman military support, Artavasdes III, son of Ariobarzanes II, king of Media Atropatene, becomes the king of Armenia.
- The first census is concluded in China. The census has begun the year before. Final numbers show a population of nearly 60 million (59,594,978 people in a bit more than 12 million households). The census is one of the most accurate surveys in Chinese history.
- The Chinese census shows nearly one million people living in Vietnam.
- Lucius Caesar, son of Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa and Julia the Elder. He was also the heir to the throne in Gaul. (b. 17 BC)
- "CalendarHome.com - 2". calendarhome.com. 2011 [last update]. http://www.calendarhome.com/cgi-bin/tycyear.pl?year=2&change=1&suppresshol=. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "year 2 - Wolfram|Alpha". wolframalpha.com. 2011 [last update]. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=year+2. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Klingaman, William K., The First Century: Emperors, Gods and Everyman, 1990, p 56