kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
2000 United States Census
of the United States
U.S. Census Bureau Seal
|Date taken||April 1, 2000|
|Total U.S. population||281,421,906|
|Most populous state||
|Least populous state||
The Twenty-Second United States Census, known as Census 2000 was a count of the population of the United States. It was done by the Census Bureau. It found that the population of the United States on April 1, 2000 was 281,421,906. This was an increase of 13.2% over the 248,709,873 people counted during the 1990 Census. This was the twenty-second federal census. It was the largest single administrative effort in the history of the United States that was not done during wartime.
About 16 percent of households received a "long form" of the 2000 census. It had over 100 questions.
- Census 2000 gateway
- Population Profile of the United States: 2000
- Population Profile Introductory slide show, in MS Powerpoint format
- State and County QuickFacts, the most requested information
- American FactFinder, for population, housing, economic, and geographic data
- How the Census Works via Howstuffworks.com