kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|State of Wyoming|
Map of the United States with Wyoming highlighted
|Before statehood||Wyoming Territory|
|Admitted to the Union||July 10, 1890 (44th)|
(and largest city)
|Largest metro||Cheyenne Metro Area|
|• Governor||Mark Gordon (R)|
|• Secretary of State||Edward Buchanan (R)|
|• Upper house||Senate|
|• Lower house||House of Representatives|
|U.S. senators||Mike Enzi (R)|
John Barrasso (R)
|U.S. House delegation||Liz Cheney (R) (list)|
|• Total||97,914 sq mi (253,600 km2)|
|Elevation||6,700 ft (2,040 m)|
|Highest elevation||13,809 ft (4,209.1 m)|
|Lowest elevation||3,101 ft (945 m)|
|• Density||5.97/sq mi (2.31/km2)|
|• Density rank||49th|
|• Median household income||$62,268|
|• Income rank||20th|
|• Official language||English|
|Time zone||UTC−07:00 (Mountain)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−06:00 (MDT)|
|ISO 3166 code||US-WY|
|Latitude||41°N to 45°N|
|Longitude||104°3'W to 111°3'W|
|The Flag of Wyoming.|
|The Seal of Wyoming.|
|Bird(s)||Western meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta)|
|Fish||Cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarki)|
|Flower(s)||Wyoming Indian paintbrush (Castilleja linariifolia)|
|Grass||Western wheatgrass (Pascopyrum smithii)|
|Mammal(s)||American bison (Bison bison)|
|Reptile||Horned lizard (Phrynosoma douglassi brevirostre)|
|Tree||Plains cottonwood (Populus sargentii)|
|Released in 2007|
|Lists of United States state insignia|
Wyoming is a state in the western United States. Most of the state is in the Rocky Mountains, a large mountain range in the United States. Wyoming is the least populated U.S. state with a population of 576,412 people. Its capital and biggest city is Cheyenne. It borders Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, Idaho, and Colorado.
In Wyoming, 91% of the land is rural.
The gross state product for Wyoming was $27.4 billion in 2005.
Famous people from Wyoming
Cities and towns in Wyoming
- Big Piney
- Green River
- Hot Springs
- Jackson Hole
- La Barge
- Lance Creek
- Pine Bluffs
- Rock Springs
- Ten Sleep
- "Wyoming Facts and Symbols". State of Wyoming. 2013. Archived from the original on September 20, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160920053220/http://www.wyo.gov/about-wyoming/wyoming-facts-and-symbols. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "Gannett Peak Cairn". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ds_mark.prl?PidBox=OW0356. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "Elevations and Distances in the United States". United States Geological Survey. 2001. Archived from the original on July 22, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120722022527/http://egsc.usgs.gov/isb/pubs/booklets/elvadist/elvadist.html. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Elevation adjusted to North American Vertical Datum of 1988.
- "Median Annual Household Income". https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/WY,US/PST045218. Retrieved December 9, 2016.