kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||62 63 64 – 65 – 66 67 68|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found. Year 65 (LXV) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar in the 1st century.
- Gaius Calpurnius Piso goes against Roman emperor Nero.
- Cestius Gallus becomes legate of Syria.
- After a stage performance in which he appears and shocks the senatorial class, Nero goes against Seneca, Tigellinus, pro-republican senators, and anyone else he distrusts.
- Nero kills his pregnant wife, Poppea Sabina, with a kick to the stomach.
- The Gospel of Matthew is probably written between 60 and this year.
- Paul of Tarsus ordains Timothy as bishop of Ephesus (traditional date).
- In China, the first official reference to Buddhism is made.
- The first Christian community in Africa is founded by Mark, a disciple of Peter. Mark begins to write his gospel.
- Probable martyrdom date of the apostle Thaddeus, also called Saint Jude in Armenia.
- Probable martyrdom date of the apostle Simon the Canaanite in Armenia.
- April 30 – Lucan, Roman poet and philosopher
- Petronius, Roman writer (see 66)
- Poppea Sabina, wife of Nero
- Piso (Gaius Calpurnius Piso)
- Saint Jude, Christian martyr (in Armenia) (probably this year)
- Simon the Canaanite, Christian martyr (in Armenia) (probably this year)
- Seneca the Younger, Roman statesman, philosopher, and tutor of Nero