kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Air France is one of the largest airlines in the world. It is based in France. It is owned by Air France-KLM. Before it merged with KLM, it employed 71,654 people. Its headquarters are at Charles de Gaulle International Airport near Paris.
The airline can be traced back to 1933, when four other French airlines were combined to create Air France.  Air France hired its first flight attendants in 1946.  The airline started flying between Paris and New York City on July 1, 1946. In 1957, the airline bought its first jet aircraft.  Air France was one of 4 airlines that flew the Concorde.  It used it from 1976 until 2003. In 1988, the airline became the first to fly the Airbus A320.  In 2003, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Air France announced they were going to be combining. The combination ended in 2004.  As of 2016, Air France is going through many financial problems. 
|A318-100||18||Largest operator of A318-100|
|A319-100||40||2 leased to Air Cote d'lvoire|
|A320-200||46||6||2 operated for Transavia France
1 leased to Air Corsica
|A340-300||13||Being retired in 2016|
|B787-9||12||Orders under review|
An Air France Sud Aviation Caravelle seen in 1979.
An Air France airport lounge.
Air France cabin on an Airbus A340.
Airline food on Air France.
- "Head Office,Air France. Retrieved on 18 May 2009.
- "Air France - French airline". https://www.britannica.com/topic/Air-France.
- "Flight attendant". http://www.airfrancelasaga.com/en/content/flight-attendant.
- Tagliabue, John (1 October 2003). "Air France and KLM to Merge, Europe's No. 1 Airline". https://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/01/business/air-france-and-klm-to-merge-europe-s-no-1-airline.html.
- "Air France: Seven years of losses before Works Council clash reveals a cracked mirror". https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/reports/air-france-seven-years-of-losses-before-works-council-clash-reveals-a-cracked-mirror-248600.