kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
An international airport is a large airport that airplanes can use to fly to and from other countries. A domestic airport is an airport which is usually smaller and only has airplanes coming from places in the same country. Most international airports have shops and restaurants for airplane passengers to use.
Today, many airports think that safety is very important. People must walk through a metal detector, a machine that can tell if metal goes through it. If it makes a noise, the officers will make that person take off all things on them that are metal. They also have X-Ray machines that can look into luggage. If officers find items such as weapons, guns, or anything that can be used to kill people, they have that item (and the person who has it) taken away. As well as this, passengers are not allowed to bring bottles or containers with over 100 ml of liquid onto the plane because they could be turned into bombs. Therefore, all water bottles must be emptied before entering the secured area.
- AirNav.com - complete list of U.S. airports, with detailed airport information
- flightwise.com - graphical airport finder via Google Maps
- ATCSCC Real-time Airport Status page - shows airport delay times for major U.S. airports (FAA)
- FlightCentral.net - complete list of U.S. airports with detailed airport information and integrated weather
- Department for Transport (United Kingdom)
- History of Aircraft Landing Aids
- Airport satellite images
- SkyVector.com - Airspace and Airport information on Aeronautical Charts
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) Official Website
- View airports and weather in Google Maps and Google Earth
- Float Incorporated (developers of floating airports and Pneumatic Stabilized Platform (PSP))