kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
- There is a clear separation between what the page shows (the content), how it looks (the style), and what it does (the function). Programmers that change what the page does do not need to concern themselves with how the page looks.
- Pages done with Ajax only load small bits from the server. Most of the time, they execute code on the client. This makes the program load first so it can respond faster.
- Ajax can be used to read XML or JSON.
There are also some problems with Ajax. These are among other things:
- Because it does not reload the full page, it breaks the history function of the Web browser. The Back button does not work any more.
- If the network is slow (there is a high latency), this becomes more obvious when the whole page needs to be reloaded. Users might not expect these delays.
- Some web browsers do not support Ajax well, if at all.
- "AJAX pros and cons". Jscripters.com. http://www.jscripters.com/ajax-disadvantages-and-advantages/. Retrieved 9 December 2013.