kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Aline Griffith, Dowager Countess of Romanones
Griffith was born in Pearl River, New York.
Griffith worked in the US Office of Strategic Services (OSS) as a cipher clerk during World War II. She was a member of the International Best Dressed List from 1962 until her death in 2017. She was a close friend to many world leaders and celebrities including Nancy Reagan, Jacqueline Kennedy, and Audrey Hepburn.
Titles and styles
- Miss Aline Griffith (1923–1947)
- The Most Excellent The Countess of Quintanilla (1947–1963)
- The Most Excellent The Countess of Romanones (1963–1988)
- The Most Excellent The Dowager Countess of Romanones (1988–2017)
- Elected, The International Hall of Fame, Vanity Fair: The International Best-Dressed Hall of Fame (1962)
- Gross, Michael (June 21, 1987). "Review of The Spy Wore Red,'". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/21/books/no-headline-029887.html. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- El País
- Egan, Jennifer (29 May 2017). "The Countess’s Private Secretary". https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/06/05/the-countess-private-secretary.
- Muere Aline Griffith, condesa de Romanones, periodista y espía (in Spanish)
- Elenco de Grandezas y Títulos Nobiliarios Españoles, Hidalguía Editions, 2008