kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Amaravati is the de facto capital city of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The planned city is on the southern banks of the Krishna river in Guntur district, within the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region. The word "Amaravati" derives its name from the historical Amaravathi Temple town, the ancient capital of the Telugu Rulers of the Satavahana dynasty. The foundation stone was laid on 22 October 2015, at Uddandarayunipalem area by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. The metropolitan area of Guntur and Vijayawada are the major conurbations of Amaravati.
De facto state capital
As of October 2016, the majority of departments and officials of the Andhra Pradesh State Government are now functioning from interim facilities located in the Velagapudi area of Amaravati, with only a skeleton staff remaining behind in Hyderabad. The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu began working from Velagapudi in April 2016. The Andhra Pradesh Legislature remained in Hyderbad until March 2017, when it relocated to newly constructed interim legislative buildings in Velagapudi.
- Akbar, Syed (8 Aug 2016). "Amaravati as official capital will boost Andhra Pradesh's image – Times of India". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/visakhapatnam/Amaravati-as-official-capital-will-boost-Andhra-Pradeshs-image/articleshow/53595008.cms. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital City Area–Revised orders" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 22 September 2015. https://crda.ap.gov.in/APCRDADOCS/GOSACTSRULES/CRDA/01~14142015MAUD_MS141.PDF. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "Naming of the Residuary Andhra Pradesh State Capital as "AMARAVATI"" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 23 April 2015. https://crda.ap.gov.in/APCRDADOCS/GOSACTSRULES/Capital%20City/01~131223042015MAUD_MS97.PDF. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Amaravati: A capital idea, but how feasible?". http://www.livemint.com/Politics/fpmYw43wSuaTHwfTgTlpgK/Amaravati-A-capital-idea.html.
- After 18 centuries, Amaravati set to become a 'capital' again. 22 October 2015. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/After-18-centuries-Amaravati-set-to-become-a-capital-again/articleshow/49489009.cms.
- "Thousands descend on Andhra village Uddandarayunipalem to watch history in making", Economic Times, 22 October 2015, http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/thousands-descend-on-andhra-village-uddandarayunipalem-to-watch-history-in-making/articleshow/49491280.cms
- "Explained: Why Amaravati has been chosen as the new Andhra Pradesh capital". The Indian Express. 21 October 2015. http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/why-amaravati-has-been-chosen-as-the-new-andhra-pradesh-capital/.
- "Andhra Pradesh Secretariat starts functioning from interim government complex at Amaravati – Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 3 October 2016. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-andhra-pradesh-secretariat-starts-functioning-from-interim-government-complex-at-amaravati-2260970.
- The master plan of the proposed capital region, including a map