kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Anthem: "Maa Telugu Thalliki"|
Location of Andhra Pradesh in India
|Statehood||1 November 1956|
|• Body||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|• Governor||Biswabhusan Harichandan (BJP)|
|• Chief Minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy (YSRCP)|
|• Legislature||Bicameral (175 + 58 seats)|
|• Parliamentary constituency||Rajya Sabha 11|
Lok Sabha 25
|• High Court||High Court of Andhra Pradesh|
|• Total||160,205 km2 (61,855 sq mi)|
|• Density||308/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|• Total||10.81 lakh crore (US$180 billion) (15.3%)|
|• Per capita||164025 (US$2,800)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Literacy rate||67.41% (2011)|
|Coastline||974 kilometres (605 mi)|
|HDI (2017)|| 0.643|
medium · 20th
|^α The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 states that Hyderabad is common capital of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states for a period of time not exceeding 10 years.|
Andhra Pradesh (//) ( pronunciation (info • help)) is a state in the Republic of India. It has a population of 75,727,000 people according to the census of 2001. The eastern boundary is a 600 miles (970 km) coastline along the Bay of Bengal. Its latitude and longitude is 17.3660°N and 78.4760°E. The state has an area of 106,195 square miles (275,040 km2). It is bigger than Burkina Faso but smaller than Ecuador. In traditional Indian geography it falls under the South Indian zone. It was divided into Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in 2014, because of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014. According to this Act, both states will have the same capital city Hyderabad, for a period of 10 years. The present Chief Minister of the state is Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy of the YSR Party.
Andhra Pradesh has a gross domestic product (GDP) of 123,560 (in millions of US dollars). That makes it the third largest state in India in terms of GDP, after Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. Most of this money comes from agriculture. Andhra Pradesh is sometimes called the "Rice Bowl of India", as a very large amount of rice or paddy is grown in the coastal plains of the state. Recently the state is also involved in newer businesses like biotechnology and information technology.
Provincial symbols of Andhra Pradesh
- "Anusuiya Uikey appointed Chhattisgarh Governor, Biswa Bhusan Harichandan is new Governor of Andhra Pradesh" (in en). Zee News. 16 July 2019. https://zeenews.india.com/india/anusuiya-uikey-appointed-chhattisgarh-governor-biswa-bhusan-harichandan-is-new-governor-of-andhra-pradesh-2219583.html. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Veteran BJP leader Biswa Bhusan Harichandan appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh". The News Minute. 16 July 2019. https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/veteran-bjp-leader-biswa-bhusan-harichandan-appointed-governor-andhra-pradesh-105565. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Demography". Government of Andhra Pradesh. http://www.ap.gov.in/AP%20State%20Statistical%20Abstract%20May%202014/2%20AP%20Demography.pdf.
- "MOSPI Gross State Domestic Product". 1 August 2019. http://mospi.nic.in/sites/default/files/press_releases_statements/State_wise_SDP_01_08_2019_for_uploading.xls.
- "Sub-national HDI – Area Database" (in en). Institute for Management Research, Radboud University. https://hdi.globaldatalab.org/areadata/shdi/. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "Andhra Pradesh bifurcation - a perspective". Ernst Young. https://www.ey.com/in/en/services/tax/ey-andhra-pradesh-bifurcation-a-perspective.
- "Tour to Andhra Pradesh - Rice Bowl of India". http://www.discoveredindia.com/andhra-pradesh/andhra-pradesh-rice-bowl-of-india/.