kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Ballistics is a science about move of projectiles (flying objects). Mainly about the move of bullets (projectiles, which are fired from guns). This science shows us the path and behavior of projectiles. Gun ballistics may be divided into the following four categories.
- barrel ( tube part of gun). This move depends on size of pressure of gas, which come into being by burning of gun-powder (). Size of pressure depends on (is connected) amount of gun-powder in bullet, type of gun-powder, size of pieces of gun-powder, free space behind a bullet and outside temperature. This move also depends on size and weight of bullet. The most important number of internal ballistics for next counting is a muzzle velocity (Projectile speed on the front edge of barrel).
- Transition ballistics is a science about behavior and changes in the nearest distance from the barrel. It study effect of gases going from a barrel behind a bullet, which are faster than bullet. These gases can negatively (badly) effect ballistic path.
- External ballistics studies trajectory (path) of bullet outside a barrel. This trajectory depends on three ballistic conditions. It is a beginning speed, angle of fire and ballistic coefficient ( number, which characterize influence of air). Trajectory of a projectile is also influenced by (depends on) resistance of air, rotation of bullet, density and pressure of air and size and orientation of wind. For long-distanced missiles are also important changes in magnetic field of the Earth.
- Terminal ballistics is a science about effect of bullet inside the aim (person or vehicle).
- U.S. Marine Corps (1996). FM 6-40 Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures for Field Artillery Manual Cannonry. Department of the Army. http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/fm6-40-ch3.htm.