kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Stiller filming Tower Heist, 2010
Benjamin Edward Stiller|
November 30, 1965
New York City, United States
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, director producer, screenwriter|
|Spouse||Christine Taylor (m. 2000–present)|
Ben Stiller (born November 30, 1965) is an an American actor, comedian, voice actor, screenwriter, movie director, and producer. He is best known for his roles in There's Something About Mary, Zoolander (2001), Meet the Parents (2001) (and its 2004 sequel Meet the Fockers). Stiller has also starred in Flirting with Disaster (1996), Duplex (2003) and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004) among others. One of the first movies he starred in was Steven Spielberg's Empire of the Sun (1987) Tropic Thunder (2008).
Stiller was born in New York City in 1965. His father, Jerry Stiller, is from a Jewish family that immigrated from Poland and Galicia, in Eastern Europe. His mother, Anne Meara, who is of Irish Catholic background, converted to Reform Judaism after marrying his father. The family celebrated both Hanukkah and Christmas, and Stiller had a Bar Mitzvah. He has said that he is "half Jewish and half Irish Catholic." Stiller's parents frequently took him on the sets of their appearances, including The Mike Douglas Show when he was six. He stated in an interview that he considered his childhood unusual: "In some ways, it was a show-business upbringing—a lot of traveling, a lot of late nights—not what you'd call traditional."
- "Ben Stiller Biography". A&E Television Networks. http://www.biography.com/articles/Ben-Stiller-9542437?part=0. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Married to Laughter: A Love Story Featuring Anne Meara - Jerry Stiller. Google Books. http://books.google.ca/books?id=j3kb7JaHLZcC&pg=PA19&dq=CITRIN+STILLER&hl=en. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Wallace, Debra (November 19, 1999). "Stiller 'softy' in real life". Jewish News of Greater Phoenix. http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/991119/stiller.shtml. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "Finding an Afterlife as a Playwright". Los Angeles Times. Mar 1, 1998. http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/01/entertainment/ca-24141. Retrieved Aug 10, 2013.
- O'Toole, Lesley (December 22, 2006). "Ben Stiller:'Doing comedy is scary'". The Independent (London). http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/ben-stiller-doing-comedy-is-scary-429484.html. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Longsdorf, Amy (December 3, 2010). "Christine Taylor: Sweet for the holidays". The Morning Call. http://articles.mcall.com/2010-12-03/entertainment/mc-christine-taylor-20101203_1_christmas-tree-homemade-ornaments-holidays. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Stated on Inside the Actors Studio, 2001
- Ben Stiller on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross"[dead link]
- McIntee, Michael Z.. "Monday, May 30, 2005, Show #2366 recap". Late Show with David Letterman. Archived from the original on May 14, 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070514113516/http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/wahoo/index/php/20050530.phtml. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Masello, Robert (November 28, 2006). "What makes Ben Stiller funny?". Parade. http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2006/edition_12-10-2006/Ben_Stiller. Retrieved January 10, 2014.