kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
| Bhumibol Adulyadej|
Rama IX of Thailand
| King of Thailand
|Reign||9 June 1946 - 13 October 2016 (70 years 126 days)|
|Coronation||6 May 1950|
|Successor||Vajiralongkorn (Rama X)|
|Spouse||Sirikit (m. 1950–present)|
| Ubol Ratana|
Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
|Born|| 5 December 1927 |
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
|Died|| 13 October 2016 (aged 88) |
Bhumibol Adulyadej (December 5, 1927 – October 13, 2016), was King of Thailand from 9 June 1946 until 13 October 2016. Most people in Thailand knew him as "the Great" (Thai: มหาราช, Maharaja). He was also known as Rama IX. He was one of the world's longest-serving heads of state. He was the longest-serving monarch in Thai history.
Bhumibol was a billionaire. He used some of his money to pay for over 3,000 development projects, mostly in rural areas. He was very popular in Thailand. He was like a semi-divine figure for some Thais.
- "A Royal Occasion speeches". Worldhop.com Journal. 1996. http://www.worldhop.com/Journals/J5/ROYAL.HTM. Retrieved 2006-07-05.
- Montlake, Simon (2006-06-12). "Backstory: The king and Thai". The Christian Science Monitor. http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0612/p20s01-woap.html. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- "World in Brief". The Washington Post. 2007-03-30. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/29/AR2007032902503.html. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- MacKinnon, Ian (2007-04-07). "YouTube ban after videos mock Thai king". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/apr/07/news.newmedia. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- "Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej dies, aged 88". The Straits Times. http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailands-king-bhumibol-adulyadej-dies-aged-88. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Beloved Thai king dies after long illness: palace". https://sg.news.yahoo.com/anxious-prayers-ailing-thai-king-outside-hospital-032122339.html. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
Bhumibol AdulyadejBorn: 5 December 1927 Died: 13 October 2016
|King of Thailand
| Succeeded by|