kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun|
|King Rama X|
|King of Thailand|
|Reign||13 October 2016 – present|
|Coronation||4 May 2019|
|Predecessor||Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX)|
|Heir presumptive||Dipangkorn Rasmijoti|
|Prime Minister||Prayut Chan-o-cha|
|Born||28 July 1952|
Dusit Palace, Dusit, Bangkok, Thailand
Suthida (m. 2019–present)
Prince Juthavachara Mahidol
Prince Vacharaesorn Mahidol
Prince Chakriwat Mahidol
Prince Vatchrawee Mahidol
Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana
Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti
Maha Vajiralongkorn (born 28 July 1952) is the King of Thailand since October 13, 2016. He is the only son of former King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit. In 1972, the king gave him the title "Somdech Phra Borom Oras Adhiraj Chao Fah Maha Vajiralongkorn Sayam Makutrajakuman" and the title made him the Crown Prince and heir apparent to the throne. Vajiralongkorn was also a marshal in the Thai military.
After his father's death on 13 October 2016, he succeeded to the throne of Thailand, with a delay, saying he needed "time to prepare before being proclaimed as the new king".  He accepted the throne on December 1, 2016. The coronation was held in May 2019.
Vajiralongkorn has been married and divorced three times. He has three daughters and five sons. His four eldest sons were born before he married their mother. They are not able to succeed as king, because their titles have been removed.
Titles and styles
- 28 July 1952 – 28 December 1972: His Royal Highness Prince Vajiralongkorn
- 28 December 1972 – 13 October 2016: Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn
- 13 October 2016 - present: King Vajiralongkorn
- Harriet Alexander (13 December 2014). "Thailand's future uncertain as princess loses royal status". Telegraph. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11292066/Thailands-future-uncertain-as-princess-loses-royal-status.html.
- "Thailand crown prince strips wife's family of royal name". BBC News. 29 November 2014. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30258759. Retrieved 2 December 2014. "It comes after seven of her close relatives were arrested in a purge of officials allegedly involved in corruption.".
- "Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn". GlobalSecurity.org. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/thailand/monarchy-vajiralongkorn.htm.
- AFP (2016-10-13). "Thai Prime Minister Prayuth says Crown Prince seeks delay in proclaiming him King". Bangkok: Coconuts BKK. http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/10/13/thai-prime-minister-prayuth-says-crown-prince-seeks-delay-proclaiming-him-king.
- "Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej dead at 88". BBC News. 13 October 2016. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37643326.
- (PDF). Royal Thai Government. http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/B/011/T_0001.PDF.
|King of Thailand