kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The Brothers Grimm (German: Die Brüder Grimm, also Gebrüder Grimm) were the brothers Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm. They were German academics and most famous for their collections of folktales and fairy tales, and for their work in linguistics.
The Grimm brothers both became linguists. They are the inventors of German philology. They also did other language-related work, like publishing one of the first grammar books for the German language.
They also collected fairy tales, and wrote down the tales which people told them. They published a collection of fairy tales known as Grimms' Fairy Tales (Grimms Märchen).
Texts and recordings
- Household Tales by the Brothers Grimm, translated by Margaret Hunt (This site is the only one to feature all of the Grimms' notes translated in English along with the tales from Hunt's original edition. Andrew Lang's introduction is also included.)
- Grimm's Fairy Tales at Project Gutenberg
- Grimm's household tales at Project Gutenberg. Translated by Margaret Hunt.
- Brothers Grimm - Fairy Tales Audiobooks
- Recording of 63 Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm at LibriVox.org
|Wikisource has original writing related to this article:|
- The Museum of the Brothers Grimm in Kassel, Germany
- Grimmstories.com 40 Grimm's Fairy Tales available freely in English, German, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, and Danish.