kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Bruce P. Crandall
Bruce Perry Crandall (born February 17, 1933) is a retired U.S. Army officer who was born in Crandall in Olympia, Washington.. He received the Medal of Honor for his actions during the Battle of Ia Drang.
During the battle he flew 22 missions in an unarmed helicopter into enemy fire to bring ammunition and supplies and evacuate the wounded. By the end of the Vietnam War, he had flown over 900 combat missions.
He studied at the University of Washington. After retiring from the Army he worked several jobs in different states before settling down with his wife in his home state of Washington. Crandall was married to Arlene Louise from 1956 until her death in 2010.
- "Medal Of Honor 2011". http://www.armedforcesentertainment.com/moh2011-2.htm. Retrieved September 22, 1011.
- "Biography of Bruce P. Crandall". http://www.xav8er.com/acebio.html. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Bruce P.Crandall - Medal of Honor, U.S. Army". U.S. Army, army.mil. http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/crandall. Retrieved February 15, 2010.
- Gomez, Ian (February 22, 2007). "Vietnam pilot to receive Medal of Honor". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-02-22-vet-honor_x.htm.
- Office of the Press Secretary (February 26, 2007). "President Bush Presents the Medal of Honor to Lieutenant Colonel Bruce Crandall". White House.gov. https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2007/02/20070226-6.html.
- "Interview with Bruce P Crandall". Pritzker Military Library. April 22, 2008. http://www.pritzkermilitarylibrary.org/events/2008-04-22-bruceCrandall.jsp. Retrieved February 15, 2010.
- Medal of Honor Recipients on Film