kidzsearch.com > wiki
Carlos Altamirano Orrego (December 18, 1922 – May 19, 2019) was a Chilean lawyer. He was one of the most influential politicians of Chilean socialism. He was the general secretary of the Chilean Socialist Party (PS). He served from 1971 through 1979. He was deputy from 1961 to 1965 and senator from 1965 to 1973. He was born in Santiago, Chile.
He escaped after Pinochet's coup d'état on September 11, 1973. He lived as a refugee in Cuba. As a young man he was an athlete, winning medals in the high jump event at the 1946 and 1947 South American Championships in Athletics. He returned to Chile after the end of Pinochet's dictatorship in 1993.
- Dialéctica de una Derrota (1977) (in Spanish)
- Después de Todo ("After Everything") (in Spanish)
- Ezard, John (1999-02-05). Lords reserve Pinochet ruling. London: The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/pinochet/Story/0,,208742,00.html. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- Confesiones de un ex Patria y Libertad, TVN, 12 February 2006 (in Spanish)
- Carlos Altamirano's obituary (in Spanish)