kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Schematic diagram of the eye|
Vertical section of human cornea from near the margin. (Waldeyer.) Magnified.
|Gray's||subject #225 1070|
The cornea is the front part of the eye. It is the clear transparent section of the eye which that covers the iris, pupil, and the eye chamber. It is a very special form of tissue because the cornea is clear, has no blood vessels, and has nerves with no myelin sheaths on them.
Dua's layer is a newly discovered layer of the cornea. It was described in June 2013. It is the sixth layer of the cornea to be discovered. Despite its thinness, the layer is very strong, and air cannot get through it.
- Cassin B. & Solomon S. 1990. Dictionary of eye terminology. Gainsville, Florida: Triad Publishing Company.
- Goldstein, E. Bruce 2007. Sensation & perception (7th ed.). Canada: Thompson Wadsworth.
- Dua H.S. et al 2013. Human corneal anatomy redefined: a novel pre-Descemet's layer (Dua's layer). Ophthalmology. 
- Olson, Samantha 2013. "New cornea layer discovered in human eye: doctors predict safer and simpler eye treatments". Medical Daily. http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/16508/20130613/new-cornea-layer-dua-layer-harminder-dua-indian-scientist-discovery-eye-discovery.htm. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "New layer of human eye,'Dua's layer', discovered behind cornea". Huffington Post Live Science. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/layer-human-eye-duas-layer-cornea_n_3427580.html. Retrieved June 13, 2013.