kidzsearch.com > wiki
Eduard Limonov (Russian: Эдуа́рд Лимо́нов, real name Eduard Veniaminovich Savenko, Russian: Эдуа́рд Вениами́нович Саве́нко; 22 February 1943 – 17 March 2020) was a Russian writer, poet, publicist, and political dissident. He was the founder of the banned National Bolshevik Party and leader of political party The Other Russia.
He was a critic of Vladimir Putin. Limonov was one of the leaders of The Other Russia political bloc. However, following the 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine, he has expressed some support for Putin.
- "Kasparov on Voronezh: If This is a Democracy, Let Us March". The Other Russia. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 2 September 2009.
- "Ukraine crisis: Crimea is just the first step, say Moscow's pro-Putin demonstrators". https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10687659/Ukraine-crisis-Crimea-is-just-the-first-step-say-Moscows-pro-Putin-demonstrators.html.
- "Famous Kremlin Critic Changes Course, Says Putin Not a Monster (Limonov)". http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/famous-kremlin-critic-changes-course-says-putin-not-monster-limonov/ri10433.
- Bershidsky, Leonid (30 December 2014). "Putin Goes Medieval on the Russian Opposition". https://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-30/putin-goes-medieval-on-navalny-and-manezhka-square-protesters.
- Eduard Limonov, Soviet-Era dissident & writer who shocked Russia, dead at 77