kidzsearch.com > wikiEdward Albee Explore:web images videos games
Edward Albee in the 1980s
|Born||March 12, 1928|
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Died||September 16, 2016 (aged 88)|
Montauck, New York, U.S.
|Notable work(s)||Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?|
The Zoo Story
The American Dream
The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?
|Notable award(s)||Pulitzer Prize for Drama (1967, 1975, and 1994)|
Tony Award (1963 and 2002)
National Medal of Arts (1996)
Special Tony Award (2005)
Edward Franklin Albee III (// AWL-bee; March 12, 1928 – September 16, 2016) was an American playwright. He was known for works such as The Zoo Story (1958), The Sandbox (1959), Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1962), and a rewrite of the book for the unsuccessful musical Breakfast at Tiffany's (1966), an adaptation of Truman Capote's 1958 novella of the same name.
- "Biography and Video Interview of Edward Albee at Academy of Achievement". Achievement.org. http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/alb1int-1. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- Shulman, Randy (March 10, 2011). "Who's Afraid of Edward Albee?". Metro Weekly. Archived from the original on April 12, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140412220903/http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=6070.
- Howard, Adam (September 16, 2016). Pulitzer Prize-Winning Playwright Edward Albee Dead at 88. NBC News. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pulitzer-prize-winning-playwright-edward-albee-dead-88-n649766. Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- Edward F. Albee Foundation
- The Edward Albee Society
- Edward Albee at the Internet Broadway Database
- Edward Albee on IMDb