kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Risk of extinction|
Many countries have laws to protect these plants and animals. These laws, if obeyed, can save species by stopping hunting, land development or making parks and reserves. Poaching and other illegal activities, however, can still destroy them.
Only a few plants and animals at risk of extinction, mostly vertebrates, are put on the lists and get legal protection. Many more species become extinct, or will become extinct, without people knowing about it.
This is a list of mammals that are endangered. They include:
- Asiatic lion
- Black-footed ferret
- Black rhinoceros
- Blue whale
- Bornean ferret-badger
- Ethopian wolf
- Hairy-eared dwarf lemur
- Indonesian mountain weasel
- Snow leopard
- White rhinoceros  (currently considered as near endangered)
Here is a list of birds that are endangered. They include:
- "IUCN Red-list statistics (2006)". http://www.iucnredlist.org/info/tables/table1.
- "Black Rhino | Species | WWF" (in en). https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/black-rhino.
- "Why Are Rhinos Endangered". https://www.helpingrhinos.org/why-are-rhinos-endangered/.
- "After Last Male's Death, Is the Northern White Rhino Doomed?" (in en). 2018-03-20. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2018/03/northern-white-rhino-male-sudan-death-extinction-spd/.