kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Frank Owen Gehry (born Frank Owen Goldberg; February 28, 1929) is a Canadian-American architect who won the Pritzker Prize in 1989. He is known for his buildings such as 8 Spruce Street, Dancing House, Port Olímpic, Jay Pritzker Pavilion, and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. He built buildings across the United States and across South America.
Gehry was born on February 28, 1929 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Polish-Jewish parents. He was raised in Los Angeles, California. He stuided at Los Angeles City College and at the University of Southern California. Gehry now lives in Santa Monica, California.
- Karen Templer (1999-12-05). "Frank Gehry". Salon. http://www.salon.com/people/bc/1999/10/05/gehry/index.html. Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- "In the News: Warsaw Jewish Museum In Poland". Isurvived.org. 2005-06-30. http://isurvived.org/InTheNews/JewishMuseum-Poland.html. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- Biography and Video Interview of Frank Gehry at Academy of Achievement
- Pritzker Architecture Prize, "Frank Gehry, 198 Laureate"; retrieved 2013-3-27.
- Gehry Partners, LLP, Gehry's architecture firm
- Gehry Technologies, Inc., Gehry's technology firm
- Profile at the Pritzker Prize
- Fish Forms: Lamps by Frank Gehry Exhibition (2010) at The Jewish Museum (New York)
- STORIES OF HOUSES: Frank Gehry's House in California
- Bidding for the National Art Museum of China’s new site