Güstrow (IPA: [ˈgʏstʁo]) is a district in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany.
From 1621 to 1695 the present-day district was the small duchy of Mecklenburg-Güstrow. Afterwards large parts belonged to the duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, and a small part to the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (see Mecklenburg).
The district of Güstrow was made in 1994 by joining the old districts of Güstrow, Teterow and Bützow.
Coat of arms
||The coat of arms displays:
The colours are derived from the arms of the dissolved district of Bützow.
Towns and municipalities