kidzsearch.com > wiki
Gen'ei (元永) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Eikyū and before Hōan. This period started in April 1118 and ended in April 1120. The reigning emperor was Emperor Toba-tennō (鳥羽天皇).
Events of the Gen'ei Era
- 1118 (Gen'ei 1, 9th month): The emperor made a pilgrimage to the Kumano Shrines at Wakayama. The Kumano sanzan are: Hongu Taisha, Hayatama Taisha, and Nachi Taisha.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Gen'ei" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 236.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japonpp. 178-180; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, p. 321; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki, pp. 200-204.
- Titsingh, p. 180; Brown, p. 322.
- Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau, Kumano sanzan; retrieved 2012-2-25.
- Brown, p. 322.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: