kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Dame Georgina Mace|
Georgina Mace in 2019
|Born||Georgina Mary Mace|
12 July 1953 [source?]
|Died||September 19, 2020 (aged 67)|
|Doctoral advisor||Paul H. Harvey[source?]|
|Known for||Developing the criteria for listing species in the IUCN Red List|
Dame Georgina Mary Mace,  (12 July 1953 – 19 September 2020) was a British ecologist and conservation scientist. She was Professor of Biodiversity and Ecosystems at University College London.
She was Professor of Conservation Science and Director of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Centre for Population Biology, Imperial College London (2006–2012) and Director of Science at the Zoological Society of London (2000–2006).
- Anon (2002). "Dame Georgina Mace DBE FRS". London: Royal Society. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20151117113529/https://royalsociety.org/people/georgina-mace-11863/. One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from the royalsociety.org website where:
"All text published under the heading 'Biography' on Fellow profile pages is available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License." --"Royal Society Terms, conditions and policies". Archived from the original on 25 September 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150925220834/https://royalsociety.org/about-us/terms-conditions-policies/. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- "CCC deeply saddened by death of Georgina Mace". Committee on Climate Change. 21 September 2020. https://www.theccc.org.uk/2020/09/21/ccc-deeply-saddened-by-death-of-georgina-mace/.
- "Iris View Profile". University College London. https://iris.ucl.ac.uk/iris/browse/profile?upi=GMACE69. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Gewin, Virginia (2006). "Georgina Mace, director, Centre for Population Biology, Imperial College London, UK". Nature 444 (7116): 240. .
- Jim Al-Khalili (2016). "Georgina Mace interviewed on The Life Scientific". London: BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07jys1h.