kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Hockey Hall of Fame, 1972|
|Born|| March 31, 1928|
Floral, SK, CAN
|Died|| June 10, 2016 (aged 88)|
Sylvania, OH, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|Played for|| USHL:|
Detroit Red Wings
New England Whalers
|Playing career|| 1946–1971|
Gordie Howe, OC (March 31, 1928 – June 10, 2016) was a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He played for the Detroit Red Wings and the Hartford Whalers of the National Hockey League, and the Houston Aeros and the New England Whalers in the World Hockey Association. Howe was often known as Mr. Hockey, and was considered to be one of the best hockey players ever. He was born in Floral, Saskatchewan.
On October 26, 2014, Howe suffered a serious stroke. On December 2, 2014, Howe had another stroke and was taken to a hospital and was placed in ICU. He died on June 10, 2016 at his son's home in Sylvania, Ohio from complications of the stroke he suffered a year ago, aged 88.
- "Gordie Howe resting after stroke: report". NHL. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=736551. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- "Gordie Howe Dies, According to Reports". CBS Detroit. June 10, 2016. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/06/10/gordie-howe-dies-according-to-numerous-reports/. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- "Gordie Howe dead at 88 - Globalnews.ca". 10 June 2016. https://globalnews.ca/news/2753666/gordie-howe-dead-at-88/.
- Gordie Howe's biography at Legends of Hockey
- Gordie Howe's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database