kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Gordon B. Hinckley
Gordon Bitner Hinckley (June 23, 1910 – January 27, 2008) was an American religious leader and author who served as the 15th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from March 12, 1995 until his death. Considered a prophet, seer, and revelator by church members. Hinckley was the oldest person to preside over the church in its history.
Hinckley was born on June 23, 1910 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He studied at the University of Utah. Hinckley was married to Marjorie Pay from 1937 until her death in 2004. They had five children. Hinckley died on January 27, 2008 in Salt Lake City, Utah from natural causes, aged 97.
- "Biography of President Gordon B. Hinckley". http://www.deseretnews.com/article/680193534/BYUs-new-gateway-Gordon-B-Hinckley-Center-dedicated-on-his-97th-birthday.html?pg=all. Retrieved October 30, 2006.
- "President Gordon B. Hinckley dies at age 97", deseretnews.com, January 27, 2008.
- "Beloved Church President, Gordon B. Hinckley, Dies at 97", newsroom.lds.org, January 27, 2008.
- Obituary in The Times, January 29, 2008
- Official Church History - Basic Facts about Gordon B. Hinckley
- A biography of three recent Church Presidents: Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W. Hunter and Gordon B. Hinckley
- Larry King Live - Gordon Hinckley: Distinguished Religious Leader of the Mormons (Aired December 26, 2004)
- Transcript: National Press Club Q&A with President Gordon B. Hinckley (Questions from Jack Cushman, The New York Times)
- Feature story — President Gordon B. Hinckley on lds.org
- Official Church tribute to Gordon B. Hinckley
- Quotes, teachings, stories, and videos of President Hinckley
- Grandpa Bill's G.A. Pages: Gordon B. Hinckley
- Gordon B. Hinckley at Find a Grave