kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Princess consort of Monaco|
|Tenure||April 18, 1956 – September 14, 1982|
|Born||November 12, 1929|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||September 14, 1982 (aged 52)|
|Spouse||Rainier III, Prince of Monaco|
|Issue||Caroline, Princess of Hanover|
Albert II, Prince of Monaco
Princess Stéphanie of Monaco
|Father||John B. Kelly, Sr.|
|Mother||Margaret Katherine Majer|
Grace Kelly (November 12, 1929 – September 14, 1982) was an American actress. She later married Prince Rainier III of Monaco and became Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco. With Prince Rainier, she had 3 children:
- Hereditary Princess Caroline Louise Marguerite, born January 23, 1957, and now heiress presumptive to the throne of Monaco
- Albert II, Prince of Monaco, born March 14, 1958
- Princess Stéphanie Marie Elisabeth, born February 1, 1965
Kelly's father was an Irish American; her mother was a German American Her movies included three by Alfred Hitchock: Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, and To Catch a Thief. In 1955 she won an Academy Award for The Country Girl. She was the first actress to appear on a postage stamp. She was also mentioned in Billy Joel's song "We didn't start the fire" and in Mika's song "Grace Kelly" (2007). The classic head-cover of a silk scarf crossed under the chin and knotted at the side or nape of the neck is universally known as the "Grace Kelly." This chic look is still copied by many female Hollywood stars when they wish to retain a degree of anonymity in the public eye.
- A Prayer for Monaco. Catholic Online. Published: February 3, 2009.
- "1982: Hollywood princess dead". 14 September 1982. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/september/14/newsid_2516000/2516601.stm.