kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Part of a series of articles on|
|Track and field athletics|
|Ice Hockey· Skating|
In women's gymnastics, there are four activities: floor, uneven bars, balance beam, and vault. In men's gymnastics, there are six activities: floor exercise, parallel bars, high bar, pommel horse, vault, and rings.
Gymnastics is a Summer Olympic sport. Gymnastics are not just for girls they can also be for boys aswell
Forms of gymnastics
There are several forms of gymnastics, including rhythmic gymnastics, artistic gymnastics, acrobatics, trampolining, and wheel gymnastics and no handed gymnastics. In artistic gymnastics, gymnasts perform short routines using different pieces of equipment. Acrobatics involves showing balance and performing flips on the floor or in the air. In trampolining, gymnasts do routines using only the trampoline. Wheel gymnasts exercise in a large wheel called a German wheel.
- FM Gymnastics- a list of Techniques and free animated comic tutorials for Floor Gymnastics.
Websites of the federations
- Gimnasia Argentina
- Gymnastics Australia
- Brazilian Gymnastics Federation
- Gymnastics Canada
- Chinese Gymnastics Association
- Fédération Française de Gymnastique
- Federazione Ginnastica d'Italia
- Japan Gymnastic Association
- Mexican Gymnastics Federation
- Romanian Gymnastics Federation
- Russian Gymnastics Federation
- British Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics