kidzsearch.com > wiki
|7th President of Iran|
3 August 2013 – 3 August 2021
|Supreme Leader||Ali Khamenei|
|Preceded by||Mahmoud Ahmadinejad|
|Succeeded by||Ebrahim Raisi|
|Secretary of Supreme National Security Council|
14 October 1989 – 15 August 2005
|President||Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani|
|Succeeded by||Ali Larijani|
|President of Center for Strategic Research|
|Assumed office |
1 August 1992
|Preceded by||Mohammad Mousavi Khoeiniha|
|Member of Assembly of Experts|
|Assumed office |
18 February 2000
|Constituency||Semnan (3rd assembly)|
Tehran (4th assembly)
|Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Iran|
28 May 1992 – 26 May 2000
|Preceded by||Behzad Nabavi|
|Succeeded by||Mohammad-Reza Khatami|
|Member of Parliament of Iran|
28 May 1980 – 26 May 2000
|Constituency||Semnan (1st term)|
Tehran (2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th terms)
Hassan Feridon (حسن فریدون)
12 November 1948
Sorkheh, Semnan, Iran
|Political party||Combatant Clergy Association|
|Islamic Republican Party|
|Alma mater||Glasgow Caledonian University|
University of Tehran
Hassan Rouhani (Persian: حسن روحانی, also transliterated Ruhani, Rohani, Rowhani; born Hassan Feridon حسن فریدون on 12 November 1948) is an Iranian politician, Mujtahid, lawyer, academic and diplomat, who was the President of Iran from 2013 until 2021. He has been a member of the Assembly of Experts since 1999, member of the Expediency Council since 1991, member of the Supreme National Security Council since 1989, and head of the Center for Strategic Research since 1992.
Rouhani has been also deputy speaker of the 4th and 5th terms of the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) and secretary of the Supreme National Security Council from 1989 to 2005. In the later capacity, he was also heading Iran's former nuclear negotiating team and was the country's top negotiator with the EU three – UK, France, and Germany – on Iran's nuclear program.:138
On 7 May 2013, Rouhani registered for the presidential election that was held on 14 June 2013. He said that, if elected, he will prepare a "civil rights charter", restore the economy and improve rocky relations with the West. As early vote counts began coming in, Rouhani took a large lead. He was elected as President of Iran on 15 June, defeating Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf. He took office on 3 August 2013.
- "Members of Combatant Clergy Association". Combatant Clergy Association. http://rohanyat.ir/html/Page/6.
- Iran’s Presidential Election Heats up as Reformist Rowhani Enters Race, Farhang Jahanpour, Informed Comment, 12 April 2013, Juan Cole
- Rouhani, Hassan (2008) (in fa). Memoirs of Hassan Rouhani; Vol. 1: The Islamic Revolution. Tehran, Iran: Center for Strategic Research. .
- "Members of Assembly of Experts". Assembly of Experts. http://www.majlesekhobregan.ir/fa/MemberView.html?DaneshvarID=576.
- "Two new members appointed to the Expediency Discernment Council". The Office of the Supreme Leader. 8 May 1991. http://www.leader.ir/langs/fa/index.php?p=contentShow&id=501.
- "Hassan Rouhani appointed as the Supreme Leader's representative to the SNSC". The Office of the Supreme Leader. 13 November 1989. http://www.leader.ir/langs/fa/index.php?p=contentShow&id=202.
- "Hassan Rouhani's Résumé". CSR. 11 April 2013. http://www.csr.ir/departments.aspx?lng=en&abtid=09&&depid=106&&semid=283.
- Rouhani, Hassan (2011) (in fa). National Security and Nuclear Diplomacy. Tehran, Iran: Center for Strategic Research. .
- "Iran's former nuclear negotiator registers for presidential campaign". People's Daily. 7 May 2013. http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90777/8235449.html.
- Iran opens registration for presidential race with ruling clerics holding strong hand. 7 May 2013. https://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-05-07/world/39072895_1_clerics-candidates-sanctions. [dead link]
- Former nuclear negotiator joins Iran's presidential race. 11 April 2013. https://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/us-iran-election-idUSBRE93A0CM20130411. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Iran presidential candidate vows 'constructive' outreach to West if elected. 11 April 2013. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-presidential-candidate-vows-constructive-outreach-to-west-if-he-gets-elected/2013/04/11/a8d3961e-a293-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html. [dead link]
- Expediency Council member Rohani to run for president. Press TV. 11 April 2013. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/11/297689/rohani-to-run-for-irans-president/.
- Hassan Rouhani leads Iran presidential election vote count. BBC News. 15 June 2013. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22916174.
- "Hassan Rouhani wins Iran presidential election". BBC News. 15 June 2013. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22916174.
- Fassihi, Farnaz (15 June 2013). Moderate Candidate Wins Iran's Presidential Vote. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323734304578544912995560792.html. Retrieved 16 June 2013.