kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
A healthy lifestyle is one which helps to keep and improve people's health and well-being. Many governments and non-governmental organizations work at promoting healthy lifestyles. They measure the benefits with critical health numbers, including weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood cholesterol. Healthy living is a lifelong effect. Being healthy includes healthy eating, physical activities, weight management, and stress management. Good health allows people to do many things.
A healthy lifestyle also incorporates a balanced diet. This does not mean cutting out important food groups of your diet or limiting yourself on the amount of calories per day. A well-rounded diet involves employing mostly all of the food groups into every meal. Meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables are all important components of a meal that will ensure your body is full while still staying healthy.
Components of a healthy lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle is mostly associated with:
- Good diet
- Physical exercise
- Good sleeping pattern
- Personal hygiene
- No bad habits or addiction
- Health education
- Safe environment
- Physical fitness
- Love through social support and healthy relationships
- Active social life
- Participants at the 6th Global Conference on Health Promotion. The Bangkok Charter for health promotion in a globalized world. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2005 Aug 11. Accessed 2009 Feb 4.
- Kickbusch I. 2003. The contribution of the World Health Organization to a new public health and health promotion. Am J Public Health 93(3):383-8.  2009.
- Health & Fitness Guide Fitness Information & Articles
- Health Library- Health Information
- Healthy Cities – WHO EURO Office
- Health-EU Portal Health Prevention and Promotion in the EU